This Zucchini and Beef Soup is a hearty vegetable soup with tons of flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all love a good, filling soup and this one takes advantage of tasty zucchini and carrots as well as ground beef. It is simple to make and great for any night of the week.
To Make this Zucchini and Beef Soup you will need:
- ground beef
- red onion
- chili powder
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- tomato sauce
- beef broth
- Dutch oven
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
To begin, you’ll cook ground beef and diced red onion together in a Dutch oven (or other soup pot) until the beef is browned and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
Next you’ll add in seasonings like chili powder, cumin and oregano, along with your cubed zucchini and diced carrots.
Those will cook for just a minute or two.
Finally, you’ll add in some tomato sauce and beef broth.
Bring this all to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until your vegetables are just tender.
Serve this soup with some Biscuits on the side if you like.
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 c diced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 zucchini cubed
- 1 1/2 Tb chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 c beef broth
- To begin, you’ll cook the ground beef and diced red onion together in a Dutch oven (or other soup pot) until the beef is browned and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Stir it in.
- Add in the cubed zucchini and diced carrots. Those will cook for just a minute or two.
- Add the tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Bring this all to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until your vegetables are just tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.