Baked, spiced apples with a scrumptious crumb topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There is nothing like a nice, warm dessert on a chilly evening to make you just want to curl up in a blanket on the sofa. Serve a dish of this with a cup of hot coffee, and you will have your own little slice of heaven right there.
To Make this Apple Dessert You Will Need:
- full fat coconut milk
- ground nutmeg
- almond flour
- sea salt
- raw honey
- melted butter (grass-fed, or use ghee)
- mixing bowl & spoon
- square baking dish
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
The apples are cubed and lightly sweetened. You can peel them if you like, but I enjoy the color and texture that the peels provide.
The crumb topping is just barely sweetened with a touch of honey. This allows the flavor of the apples to shine through…which is usually why you want to make an apple dessert to begin with.
How to Make Paleo Apple Crisp
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
You May Also Like: Cinnamon Sautéed Pears
- 5 cups apples, cored and cubed (peeling optional)
- 1/4 c full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, divided
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c pecans, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tb raw honey
- 3 Tb c melted butter (grass-fed, or use ghee)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9" baking dish. Set it aside for now
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apples. coconut milk, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Stir to coat.
- Spread the apples out in your baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, and all of the remaining ingredients, stir until it creates a nice, crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 15gProtein: 6g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday