Deceptively simple and incredibly delicious Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup. You will love this easy slow cooker soup!
We all a love a thick, hearty soup that sticks to your ribs. But other times we want something a little more subdued and unpretentious.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With tomato, Italian seasoning and little else, this soup is just that one you are looking for.
Coconut milk gives the broth a beautiful body, reminiscent of a bisque. Simply comforting.
To make Creamy Tomato & Chicken Soup you will need:
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- whole fat coconut milk
- chicken stock
- red onion
- Italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- cutting board
- slow cooker
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
The chicken cooks in the broth until tender. I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can use chicken thighs as well.
Once cooked, the chicken is shredded and placed back into the soup.
This is probably the hardest part of making this soup, which only reveals to you just how effortless it is to make it.
Serve this with a sprinkling of parsley, and if you like, some biscuits or rolls. You will have everything you need.
You May Also Like:
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole fat coconut milk
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c diced red onion
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- fresh, chopped parsley
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and parsley in your slow cooker. Stir.
- Nestle the chicken down into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for 4 hours, or on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the soup, stir.
- Serve topped with some fresh parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 147mg Sodium: 658mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 57g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.