Deceptively simple and incredibly delicious Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup. You will love this easy slow cooker soup!
We all a love a thick, hearty soup that sticks to your ribs. But other times we want something a little more subdued and unpretentious.
With tomato, Italian seasoning and little else, this soup is just that one you are looking for.
Coconut milk gives the broth a beautiful body, reminiscent of a bisque. Simply comforting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make Creamy Tomato & Chicken Soup you will need:
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- whole fat coconut milk
- chicken stock
- red onion
- Italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- cutting board
- slow cooker
I typically add new content every week. Sign Up Here to get Wholesome Skillet in your Inbox, and Never Miss a Thing
To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and parsley in your slow cooker. Stir.
Nestle the chicken down into the mixture.
Cover and cook on the high setting for 4 hours, or on the low setting for 8 hours.
Carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
Using two forks, shred the chicken.
This is probably the hardest part of making this soup, which only reveals to you just how effortless it is to make it.
Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker, and stir it together.
Serve this with a sprinkling of parsley, and if you like, some Biscuits or rolls. You will have everything you need.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe? I’d love for you to rate it below and share it with others!
Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup
- 1 can - 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can - 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can - 15 oz. whole fat coconut milk
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c diced red onion
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 lb boneless - skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- fresh - chopped parsley
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and parsley in your slow cooker. Stir.
- Nestle the chicken down into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for 4 hours, or on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the soup, stir.
- Serve topped with some fresh parsley.
NOTE: All nutritional information is autogenerated and estimated, exactness is not guaranteed.