Peppered Beef is tender roast beef, smothered in peppers and onion and cooked in your Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roast beef prepared in an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, is easy to make and will let you have a hearty roast any night of the week.
To Make Peppered Beef You Will Need:
- avocado or coconut oil
- beef chuck roast
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- beef stock
- white wine vinegar
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- cubanelle peppers
- Instant Pot
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
Just look at all of those beautiful peppers.
You can serve this as a flavorful roast beef, or you can shred it and serve the beef, peppers and onions as a sandwich or stuffed inside a baked potato.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Beef Brisket with Caramelized Onions. It’s a great slow cooker supper.
“Beef at its Best! – This recipe proved to be wonderful! The flavor was great and the beef was tender. The peppers added such a wonderful flavor that I saved the broth to use in later meals.”Reader Review
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 c beef stock
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into slices vertically (end to end)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 3 cubanelle peppers (I used a mixture of red and green from the garden), deseeded and sliced into strips
- To begin, salt and pepper the roast on each side with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Combine the beef stock, vinegar and garlic in a dish or measuring cup, and set aside for now.
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot and press the saute button.
- When the oil is shimmering hot, place the roast into the pot. Let it get a nice sear on the meat by leaving it perfectly still for 5 minutes. Using some tongs, carefully turn it over and sear the other side for 5 minutes as well
- Press the "cancel" button.
- Pour the broth mixture over the roast.
- Arrange the onions and peppers all over the top of the roast.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot and press the "manual" button. Set the time to 45 minutes. Ensure that the valve is closed properly.
- When the cook cycle is finished, lift the roast from the Instant Pot and place it on a platter. Let it rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Scoop the onion and peppers out and arrange them around the roast.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
This dish is great served with some potatoes or salad. It also makes for a fantastic peppered beef sandwich.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g