Peppered Beef is tender roast beef, smothered in peppers and onion and cooked in your Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roast beef prepared in an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, is easy to make and will let you have a hearty roast any night of the week.
To Make Peppered Beef You Will Need:
- avocado or coconut oil
- beef chuck roast
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- beef stock
- white wine vinegar
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- cubanelle peppers
- Instant Pot
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
Just look at all of those beautiful peppers.
You can serve this as a flavorful roast beef, or you can shred it and serve the beef, peppers and onions as a sandwich or stuffed inside a baked potato.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Beef Brisket with Caramelized Onions. It’s a great slow cooker supper.
“Beef at its Best! – This recipe proved to be wonderful! The flavor was great and the beef was tender. The peppers added such a wonderful flavor that I saved the broth to use in later meals.”Reader Review
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 c beef stock
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into slices vertically (end to end)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 3 cubanelle peppers (I used a mixture of red and green from the garden), deseeded and sliced into strips
- To begin, salt and pepper the roast on each side with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Combine the beef stock, vinegar and garlic in a dish or measuring cup, and set aside for now.
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot and press the saute button.
- When the oil is shimmering hot, place the roast into the pot. Let it get a nice sear on the meat by leaving it perfectly still for 5 minutes. Using some tongs, carefully turn it over and sear the other side for 5 minutes as well
- Press the "cancel" button.
- Pour the broth mixture over the roast.
- Arrange the onions and peppers all over the top of the roast.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot and press the "manual" button. Set the time to 45 minutes. Ensure that the valve is closed properly.
- When the cook cycle is finished, lift the roast from the Instant Pot and place it on a platter. Let it rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Scoop the onion and peppers out and arrange them around the roast.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
This dish is great served with some potatoes or salad. It also makes for a fantastic peppered beef sandwich.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.