Lovely lemon coconut muffins with a fresh and light flavor, made with almond and coconut flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These muffins are wonderful for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I also love taking them to potlucks. Since they are gluten-free, I know everyone can enjoy them!
To make your Lemon Coconut Muffins you will need:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- arrowroot starch
- baking powder
- baking soda
- fine sea salt
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- coconut milk
- coconut oil
- lemon juice
- shredded (unsweetened) coconut
- mixing bowls
- sifter or sieve
- mixer or whisk
- muffin pan
- muffin pan liners
I typically add new content every week. Sign Up Here to get Wholesome Skillet in your Inbox, and Never Miss a Thing
You’ll start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with muffin papers. This recipe will make 10 standard sized muffins.
You will want to sift your flour so that they are no lumps. If you don’t have a sifter, a fine metal sieve works just fine.
Simply place your sieve over the mixing bowl, and put your dry ingredients in it, then stir with a spoon. Honestly, even though I have an actual sifter, I find this to be my go-to method. It’s quick and the sieve is easier to clean.
Once the batter is ready, you will scoop it into the muffin pan. I always use a muffin scoop, since it is the easiest way to get the batter evenly distributed.
The cups should be about 2/3 full.
Your muffins will bake for 18-20 minutes or until they spring back when you gently press in the center. Immediately transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Can these Muffins be Frozen?
Yes! Check out my Orange Muffin post where I shared the best method to store and freeze muffins.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe? I’d love for you to rate it below and share it with others!
Paleo Lemon Coconut Muffins
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 3 Tb arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil - melted
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c shredded - unsweetened coconut (plus extra for sprinkling)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with muffin liner papers (or grease the cups with coconut oil.)
- Sift the almond lour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a medium sized bowl. Set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk your eggs.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the flaked coconut.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, distributing the batter evenly. Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Top each cup with a pinch of additional shredded coconut.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until they spring back when you gently press in the center.
- Immediately transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
NOTE: All nutritional information is autogenerated and estimated, exactness is not guaranteed.