Mulled Apple Cider is a spiced apple cider with orange and warm flavors that are perfect for a cold day.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mulled Apple Cider is a classic cold weather beverage that is perfect for the whole family.
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
The Apple Cider is filled with spices and orange slices, and simmered together. Not only is this beverage delicious, but it makes your whole kitchen smell amazing!
To Make Mulled Apple Cider You Will Need:
- apple cider
- an orange
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise (or ground anise)
- cardamom pods (or ground cardamom)
- allspice berries (or ground allspice)
- Dutch oven or large soup pot
Important: When you purchase your apple cider, make sure that you read the ingredients. There are many varieties of apple cider out there that are filled with preservatives and sugar. There should only be one ingredient in you apple cider: Apples
This apple cider is made on the stove in a Dutch oven, but you can also put it all in a slow cooker and let it cook together as well. That option is great for potlucks and holiday get-togethers.
You May Also Like: Cinnamon Sautéed Pears
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 gallon apple cider (see note below)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 star anise pods (or 1/4 tsp ground anise)
- 5 allspice berries (or 1/4 tsp ground allspice)
- 8 cardamom pods (or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
When you purchase your apple cider, make sure you read the ingredients. There are many varieties of apple cider out there that are filled with preservatives and sugar. There should only be one ingredient in you apple cider: Apples
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday