These easy mashed sweet potatoes are a great side dish and only take a few minutes to make.
Making mashed sweet potatoes really isn’t much different than making traditional mashed potatoes.
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
It is really just a matter of peeling and cubing the potatoes, and then simmering them in some water until tender.
Mash them with a couple other simple ingredients, and that is all you need for this simple side dish.
Sweet potatoes have always been a favorite of mine, from sweet potato casserole to sweet potato fries. I’m certain you will love this dish as well.
You May Also Like:
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
So simple and so delicious! Sweet potatoes are such a great side dish!reader review
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- salt & pepper to taste, optional
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch or so.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place them back into the saucepan.
- Add in the coconut milk and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 11gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g