These easy mashed sweet potatoes are a great side dish and only take a few minutes to make.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making mashed sweet potatoes really isn’t much different than making traditional mashed potatoes.
To Make This Recipe, You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- coconut milk
- black pepper
- vegetable peeler
- sauce pan
- potato masher
I typically add new content every week. Sign Up Here to get Wholesome Skillet in your Inbox, and Never Miss a Thing
It is really just a matter of peeling and cubing the potatoes, and then simmering them in some water until tender.
Mash them with a couple other simple ingredients, and that is all you need for this simple side dish.
Sweet potatoes have always been a favorite of mine, and I’m certain you will love this dish as well.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe? I’d love for you to rate it below and share it with others!
How to Make Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c coconut milk - canned, full-fat
- salt & pepper to taste - optional
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch or so.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place them back into the saucepan.
- Add in the coconut milk and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if you like.
NOTE: All nutritional information is autogenerated and estimated, exactness is not guaranteed.