Also known as “zoodles” these zucchini noodles are a great way to get some more vegetables in your diet.
Why Zucchini Noodles are Great
Eating zucchini noodles is a fantastic way to get more veggies in your diet. Not only are zucchini very high in fiber and potassium, they are also rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Zucchini are low in fat and sodium. They are just an all-around great vegetable to enjoy.
Growing up, about the only way I ever at zucchini, was in zucchini bread, which was one of my favorite treats that my mother made. Of course it was also full of a lot of sugar, as most traditional baked goods are, but that was my only real source of zucchini back then.
Now a days, I know how tasty, and diverse zucchini can be, and so I am continually looking for more ways to enjoy it.
To Make Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) you will need:
- avocado oil
- sea salt
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- spiralizing tool (I use this one)
- tongs or spatula
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
When making the zoodles, you will want approximately one medium-sized zucchini per person. The zucchini will shrink down a good bit as it cooks.
There are a number of different ways to make zoodles. You can briefly boil them in water and drain them, just like you would pasta.
You can also saute them in a skillet.
Zucchini naturally holds a great deal of water, and can be a bit watery as zoodles, so I personally prefer baking them. It allows much of the moisture to be removed.
I very lightly coat the zucchini noodles with some avocado oil and a pinch of sea salt, and bake them until they are cooked. I do it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
You May Also Like:
- 4 medium sized zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 Tb avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside for now.
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles. Toss them with the avocado oil and sea salt.
- Arrange them on a the baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini noodles for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are tender. Give them a gentle stir mid-way during the baking time.
- Serve the zoodles in place of noodles in your favorite pasta dish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.