How to make cauliflower rice (or “riced cauliflower”) at home.
Cauliflower Rice is a great, low-carb alternative to rice in your meals. There are several ways that you can make this side dish, but I find that roasting it gives it the best flavor and texture.
Alternatively, you can simmer it in water and drain it when it is finished, but it has a much softer texture and holds a great deal of moisture that way.
Roasting the cauliflower rice gives it an almost nutty taste, and it keeps a firmer texture, much more like grain rice.
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
How Do You Use This?
I use cauliflower rice (or riced cauliflower) as a substitution for any recipe that calls for rice, but I want a low-carb and grain-free alternative.
To make the cauliflower rice, you will need:
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 Tb ghee, melted (or coconut oil, butter)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the florets from your cauliflower head, discarding the hard stems.
- You will use your food processor to "rice" the cauliflower. You can do this one of two ways. First, you can used the grater attachment and grate the florets. Or, you can use the blade attachment and pulse the cauliflower florets until it is a rice consistency. If using the grater method, you may get a few longer pieces in the "rice." If you use the blade, you'll want to work in batches. Choose the method you prefer.
- Put the riced cauliflower in a bowl.
- Drizzle in the melted ghee and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Spread the "rice" out on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower just begins to get the slightest touches of golden here and there. Stir the cauliflower half way through baking.
- Season and serve as you like, or add it to a dish as a rice replacement.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.