Crispy waffles that are the perfect way to get your day started.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These waffles have a wonderful flavor and are the perfect addition to your breakfast table.
To make Grain-free Waffles you will need:
- cassava flour
- arrowroot flour
- baking soda
- full fat coconut milk
- coconut oil
- natural apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
- vanilla extract
- mixing bowl
- waffle maker
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
These waffles have a nice, crunchy texture on the outside, but are light and fluffy on the inside.
I suggest serving your waffles with some homemade breakfast sausage patties.
Get the recipe here: How to Make Homemade Breakfast Sausage
You Might Also Like this Blueberry Bread Recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Try these waffles topped with some Cinnamon Sautéed Pears.
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 1/4 c cassava flour
- 1/4 c arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tb natural apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To begin, preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir gently as your arrowroot and cassava flours are very fine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. The batter will be quite thick. If it is too thick, you can add a tablespoon or two of water to the batter.
- Cook the waffles in your waffle-maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Cassava flour is a very dense flour. I find that these grain-free waffles take a bit longer to cook that traditional waffles. Keep that in mind when you are cooking yours in the waffle-maker and adjust accordingly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g