Tender strips of seasoned fajita flank steak with onion and bell peppers, cooked to perfection.
What I love about this recipe, is that it is so easily used in a number of different ways. Of course you can use this in a wrap as a typical fajita. But you can also serve it with tossed lettuce and extras as a fajita salad. Or dice up the meat and add it, along with pepper and onion to a baked potato…Fajita stuffed baked potato. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
To Make This Recipe You Will Need:
- beef broth
- tomato paste
- coconut aminos
- fish sauce
- chili powder
- chipotle chile
- ground black pepper
- sea salt
- beef flank steak
- avocado oil
- bell pepper (any color, I used green)
- Instant Pot
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
To begin, you’ll cut your seasoned flank steak into two or three pieces, enough that you can fit them one at a time in the bottom of your Instant Pot to sear them. Heat the oil and sear all the pieces on both sides.
Then you mix all of the other ingredients, minus the pepper and onion, together into a rich, seasoned sauce.
You can use your favorite color of bell pepper. I used a green one this time around.
Layer everything together in the Instant Pot and let it do its thing. In no time, you’ll have tender steak that is perfectly cooked. Cut the steak into strips, across the grain of the meat.
Enjoy the steak any way you like!
You May Also Like:
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 c beef broth
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1/4 c coconut aminos
- 1 Tb fish sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 1/2 lb beef flank steak
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tb avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper (any color, I used green), seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into strips vertically
- To begin, combine the beef broth, tomato paste, coconut aminos, fish sauce, cumin, chili powder and chipotle chile powder. Whisk smooth and set aside for now.
- Cut your flank steak into 2 or 3 pieces, small enough for them to lay flat in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Season all of the pieces with the salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and press the "saute" button. When the oil is hot, sear each piece of steak on both sides for about 2 or 3 minutes. Press the "cancel" button, once you have seared each of the pieces.
- Layer the onion and pepper slices between the pieces of meat.
- Pour the sauce all over the top.
- Close and seal the lid of the Instant Pot and press the "meat" button. The time should be set to 35 minutes.
- Once the cycle has finished cooking, allow the pressure to come down naturally.
- Cut the flank steak into strips, across the grain of the meat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.