A simple chicken vegetable soup recipe that is full of only the good things that you want.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This soup is the perfect way to chase off the chill on a cold day… or chase off a cold on a chilly day.
Whatever the reason, with turmeric and ginger, carrots and cauliflower, this chicken soup will be all that you will want.
Well, that and a blanket to curl up in with a bowl of it.
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
To make this Chicken Vegetable Soup you will need:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- chicken stock
- fresh ginger
- ground turmeric
- coconut aminos
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dutch oven
- food processor
You May Also Like:
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 6 cups water
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp parsley
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, place the chicken in your Dutch oven with enough water to cover by an inch, about 6 cups. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Reserve 2 cups of the chicken water, and discard the rest.
- Add the chicken stock, onion, ginger, carrots, celery, garlic, and turmeric, stir.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile shred the chicken.
- While the vegetables are cooking, separate the cauliflower florets from the thick stem and place the florets in your food processor. Pulse them several times until it resembles grains of rice.
- Add the chicken and riced cauliflower to the soup, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
If you do not have a food processor, you can cut the cauliflower up into small pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 1130mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 54g