This easy Beef and Broccoli Soup cooks up in the Instant Pot and is filled with fresh, green broccoli and tender bits of beef.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love this recipe, because while the beef cooks under pressure in the Instant Pot, the broccoli is added in the end and only cooks for a couple minutes. So the broccoli still has a bit of crunch to it, and a wonderful fresh flavor.
To make this Broccoli and Beef Soup you will need:
- avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- coconut aminos
- fish sauce
- honey (omit for keto)
- beef bone broth (or stock)
- Instant Pot
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
Yes! You can make this soup with fresh broccoli, or you can use frozen broccoli florets or pieces. Whichever you have on hand, will work just fine. Either way, your soup will taste amazing!
I’ll admit, it took me a bit to warm up to using an Instant Pot (no pun intended.) But now that I have played around with it a bit and learned more about its capabilities and limitations, I am finding it to be a great tool for the kitchen.
Another one of my favorite dishes to make in the Instant Pot is my Peppered Beef. You want to talk about a gorgeous hunk of chuck roast!
Cooking meats under pressure allows the meat to get cooked and tender, but without breaking down the structure to the point of it just turning into “mush” in your mouth.
The beef in this soup has that wonderful flavor, as you give it a quick sear to brown it a bit. Then in goes the broth, garlic, ginger and other seasonings and the pressure does the rest.
The broccoli gets stirred in at the very end and simply cooks in the hot soup for a couple minutes. I think broccoli is one of the quickest-cooking vegetables out there.
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 Tb avocado oil (or ghee)
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 c diced onion
- 2 Tb coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 Tb fish sauce
- 1 Tb honey (omit for keto)
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 c beef bone broth (or beef stock)
- 3 c broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- To begin, heat the oil in your Instant Pot, using the "saute" option.
- Season the beef with the salt and pepper.
- Brown the beef in batches, in the hot oil.
- As the beef is browned, scoop it out into a dish.
- Add the diced onion to the Instant Pot and saute it for just a couple minutes, until it is slightly softened.
- Press the "cancel" button on your Instant Pot.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, except the broccoli.
- Add in the browned beef.
- Close and seal your Instant Pot, and press the "stew" button. Adjust the time to run the Instant Pot for a 25 minute cycle.
- Once the cycle has finished, you can do the quick release method or let the pressure come down naturally.
- Stir in the broccoli and let it cook in the hot soup for 2 minutes, or until just tender. If using frozen broccoli, you may want to press the "saute" button to heat the soup back up as the broccoli cooks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 846Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 261mgSodium: 988mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 88g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.