Hearty beef chili with a rich, smokey flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make Chunky Beef Chili you will need:
- avocado oil
- beef stew meat
- red onion
- beef broth
- chili powder
- chipotle chile powder
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- tomato paste
- diced tomatoes
- Instant Pot
I typically publish several new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
This chili is full of tender chunks of beef, seasoned with chili powder and smokey chipotle. It is great for any cold night, but if you are into tailgating or football parties, this would be a good addition to your spread as well.
Now if you are wondering why there are carrots in there, let me explain. Paleo recipes do not include legumes, and beans are legumes. So diced carrots are a wonderful substitution.
They lend a slight sweetness to the chili, as well as that great texture and flavor.
You May Also Like:
- Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Spinach Chowder
- Hearty Harvest Beef Stew | Paleo
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! If you make any recipe from Wholesome Skillet, I would love for you to share it on Instagram – use the tag @WholesomeSkillet so that I see it & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 1 Tb avocado or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 beef stew meat
- 1 c diced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tb tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot and add the oil.
- When the oil is nice and hot, sear the beef in batches until browned.
- Press the "cancel" button.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Close and seal the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Press the "soup/stew" button and set it for 35 minutes. Let it run its cycle.
- Once the cooking time has completed, you can allow the pressure to come down naturally, or do the quick-release method.
- Enjoy your chili.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g