Beef and Broccoli Casserole with rich, creamy curry and coconut milk has a lovely, comforting flavor.
This dish is great both as a breakfast or brunch recipe, but also does well as a supper entree. It is a wonderfully satisfying meal, no matter what time of day you choose to enjoy it.
The toasted pecans on top give it a lovely texture. You could also use walnuts or pine nuts if you so desired.
To make Beef and Broccoli Casserole, you will need:
- broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- coconut oil
- red onion
- ground beef
- yellow curry powder
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
- sea salt
- frozen peas
- full fat coconut milk
- chicken broth
- chopped toasted pecans
- saucepan with vegetable steamer
- mixing bowl
- square baking pan
I typically add new content every week. Sign Up Here to get Wholesome Skillet in your Inbox, and Never Miss a Thing
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
The broccoli will be lightly steamed while you brown your ground beef and onion in a skillet.
The ground beef is then seasoned and your veggies are mixed in. These are then transferred to a baking dish.
A simple egg mixture is poured over the top and it is all baked together before being topped with toasted pecans.
This recipe is well-rounded in flavor and texture and will become a quick favorite.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe? I’d love for you to rate it below and share it with others!
Beef and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 c broccoli florets - fresh or frozen
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1/2 c red onion - diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic - minced (or grated for stronger garlic flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 c frozen peas - can omit for paleo or keto
- 1 c canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c chopped pecans - toasted
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your broccoli in a vegetable steam basket, and place it in a pot with just enough water to cover the bottom. Cover and turn the heat on medium. Simmer the water long enough to steam the broccoli until it is almost tender and is bright green in color.
- Transfer it to another dish to stop the cooking process, and set it aside for now. (Note: My rice cooker has a vegetable steamer basket and comes in handy for steaming vegetables.)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Sauté the onion until it is just tender.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until it is browned, breaking up the pieces with your utensil.
- Add in the garlic and cook for just a minute longer.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and salt. Remove it form the heat.
- Stir in the peas and broccoli.
- Spread the beef mixture in a greased (I use coconut oil) baking dish that is 8×8" square or equivalent in size.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, the chicken broth and the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the beef and vegetables.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the center.
- Top with the toasted pecans.
NOTE: All nutritional information is autogenerated and estimated, exactness is not guaranteed.