Sweet Potato Fries are easy to make, and a side that the whole family loves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you buy pre-made sweet potato fries from the freezer section of your grocery store, it is a convenient thing to do. Sadly, when you read the package, you will often see that those fries have sugar added to them. I will never understand why someone would add sugar to sweet potatoes unless you were making a traditional sweet potato casserole or other candied recipe.
Savory sweet potato fries need no sugar, as the sweet potato is already, well, sweet. There is very little that goes into making your own sweet potato fries, so you can let these bake while you make your main dish, and they’ll be ready in no time.
What You Need to Make Sweet Potato Fries:
- sweet potatoes
- vegetable peeler
- mixing bowl
- oil (I use avocado)
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
Making these fries begin with peeling a couple sweet potatoes. You can generally fit about 2 average sized sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, so if you are cooking more than that, you will need two baking sheets.
Cut the peeled sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices, and then into sticks to create your fries. Place all of the fries in a mixing bowl and drizzle them with the oil.
Sprinkle in the salt and toss them with your hands to coat them. Arrange the fries in a single layer on your baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
Bake the fries at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then you’ll turn them over with a spatula and bake for 20-25 more minutes, or until they are beginning to get brown spots here and there.
Once they come out of the oven, serve them right away.
It really is as easy as that! I love serving these with my Apple Spice Pulled Pork.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tb avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside for now.
- Peel your sweet potatoes.
- Carefully cut the potatoes int 1/2" thick slices, and then into 1/2 inch sticks.
- Place the fries in a mixing bowl and drizzle them with the oil.
- Sprinkle with the salt and toss them with your had to coat the fries.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on your lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn them over with a spatula.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until they are cooked through and brown in spots.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.