Apple Spice Pulled Pork is tender pulled pork with spices and apple, cooked in your slow cooker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
To Make Apple Spice Pulled Pork you will need:
- pork loin
- fresh ginger
- ancho chili
- apple juice (or cider)
- slow cooker
I typically publish new recipes every week. Want to get them in your inbox? SUBSCRIBE!
This recipe is so simple to make, and the fact that it cooks in your slow cooker makes it all the better. You can start it in the morning and let it go all day and just shred it in time for supper.
I love the warm spices that go in this dish, cinnamon being the real hero of the recipe.
If you want to peel the apples, you can. I personally just leave it on the apples.
After the pork cooks, you simply transfer it to a pan.
Shred the pork with two forks.
This pulled pork is great with some sweet potato fries like you see in the photo below.
This is a great foundation recipe that you can use for many other things as well. Add it to a baked potato or top it with some barbecue sauce as well.
Have you tried this recipe? Please rate this recipe below in the recipe card! & Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
- 4 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tb cumin
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c apple juice (or natural apple cider)
- 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges (peeling optional)
- To begin, cut your pork loin in half so that it fits in your slow cooker. Place it in your slow cooker
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings over the top of the pork.
- Pour in the apple juice or cider.
- Arrange the apple wedges in the slow cooker.
- Cover your slow cooker and let the pork cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a pan and shred it with forks.
- Mash the apples into the pork as you shred it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.